Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
This is essentially the same recipe you will find at Olive Garden. Simple & quick to make.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) good quality diced tomatoes, or about 2 pounds fresh peeled and diced plum tomatoes ( I prefer whenever possible to use fresh ingredients, so I always opt for the fresh plum tomatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces dry angel hair pasta, cooked
Heat olive oil and add garlic; cook until garlic is tender. Add tomatoes and pepper and heat through, stirring constantly, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer hot, cooked pasta to large bowl. Toss pasta gently with tomato mixture, the fresh chopped basil, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately and pass remaining Parmesan.